Suburban Detroit Foodie: Biercamp Artisan Sauage & Jerky - Ann Arbor, MI

Monday, January 30, 2012

Biercamp Artisan Sauage & Jerky - Ann Arbor, MI


It has been ridiculously warm this winter. There have even been days where I have forgotten that it isn’t actually spring heading into summer. I began to think about summer, working out in the garden and the scent of barbeque in the air. Every weekend during the summer my next door neighbor fires up his smoker or barbecue. This results me leaning over the fence to ask George what he is preparing this time. Usually he’s smoking a turkey, brisket or a barbecuing some ribs. Even though summer is still months away, I was able to pretend it was here with a recent trip to Biercamp in Ann Arbor.

Biercamp is located in a renovated storefront that is welcoming and strangely hip. This place has a very unique feel with lots of wood and windows. They produce artisan sausage and jerky as well as other items such as bacon, cheese spreads and house made pickles. The selection is large and varied but I was there for one simple reason. I’d seen on their website that they offer smoked brisket sandwiches. (To be more precise, 12 hour slow smoked brisket sandwiches.)

I ordered my sandwich and was offered some of Andouille sausage to sample while I waited. It was very balanced with just the right amount of heat. I would have spent more time sampling but my sandwich was ready to go almost instantly. I decided to hit the road but there is a counter with a few stools located under the front window for those wanting to hangout.

While my sandwich wasn’t pretty, it sure was delicious. I can say that this sandwich was one of the best I’ve eaten in a while. It was served with pickles and finely sliced onion; which cut though the richness of the meat perfectly. The brisket itself was super tender and the sauce was flavorful but not overwhelming. The bun served its purpose beautifully. Good stuff and for a good price. ($7) I should also mention that Biercamp sells pulled pork sandwiches too. I plan on going back and giving it a try and at the same time I will most likely pick up some brats for the grill.

The owners are friendly and offer a great product. It is clear that they love what they do and this makes Biercamp a place worth of supporting.


If you have visited Biercamp, let me know what you enjoyed so I can give it a try.

Biercamp Artisan Sausage and Jerky

1643 S. State St.
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48104
Phone: 734-995-BIER(2437)
bier-camp.com/

3 comments:

BigBrother said...

the jerky pate is the best thing ever!

Unknown said...

Thanks, BigBrother. I'll add that to the list of things to try!

Anonymous said...

I love Biercamp! I get their brats, pate, jerky, etc., frequently but have yet to try their sandwiches. Look good!